Saturday, February 11, 2012

What Frustrates Me Linky Party.....

Okay, so my friend over at Enriching Kinders has a dilemma she needs help with! How would you feel if your principal told you that your kids were to miss Science/History every day until they were reading at grade level???? I know as a second grade teacher, I would be really upset if that was my school! Those students are often struggling across several subject areas, and to have them miss "the basics" in Kindergarten....well, head on over and help her out! She's looking for solutions, maybe something you do at your school for below level readers, or just suggestions on how to approach the principal about it!

Meanwhile, she's turned it into a bit of a party by folks being able to say what makes them frustrated, and maybe having readers comment solutions on their own blog?

Here goes....

Whew! That felt good. Anyone else have that problem? Other than trying to explain to the parent during conference about it (and they blamed it on the grandmother who wants to pick up her grandchild early as a "treat")....nothing else has worked.

3 comments:

Tammy said...

My problem is at the opposite end of the day. I'm frustrated by the parent who drops their child off at school 45 minutes late.

Mrs. Youel said...

Oh, yeah, have those two...the ones that when they actually get to school on time (i.e. ride the bus), I'm going up and hugging them, congratulating them for being there on time! LOL Fortunately, the way our schedule runs, we have resource until 9:00, so other than missing morning work (which is usually math related, so that they can complete it during Math time, which is right after resource...for all my darlings who go to breakfast), they don't miss TOO much.

Mrs. Youel said...

Hah hah! Freudian slip...I just realized I meant "too" but was thinking of "two" kids in my class :)

Post a Comment