Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thank You, Sarah!

I LOVE this book by Laurie Halse Anderson!
 

I use it each year for Thanksgiving and even though some of the information may be over my second grader's heads (Civil War, for example), they understand the basic concept.  How appropriate is it this year that we are studying Famous Americans during this time...and it was Abraham Lincoln who granted Sarah Hale's request for a national holiday of Thanksgiving!  I can't wait until they make that connection. It's too bad we won't have discussed Susan B. Anthony by the time we read the book next week, but hopefully they'll remember when we get to her after Thanksgiving break.



So, in my round of freebies this is, I believe, number 4 of 10 FREEBIES to celebrate the (almost) 100 followers.  Click on the link {here} to check it out!  I'll also be posting it to my teacher stores as well...hopefully before Thanksgiving!

0 comments:

Post a Comment