Saturday, November 24, 2012

An Award and Another Freebie!

Thanks to Bri over at The Price of Teaching for the Liebster Award!  Also to Tammy at Dots Of Fun!
 


Here are the rules:

1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see who you nominate.


Okay, so 11 random things about myself....
*I LOVE the show "The Voice."  I really like the "blind audition" idea!

*I have always wanted to be an author.


*I have an unhealthy obsession with containers and baskets.  Seriously.  If it wasn't for the Dollar Tree, I probably would have been bankrupt by now!

*While I try to be organized at school, it's a mess at home!

*I love meerkats and actually have Meerkat Manor on DVD. :)

*I don't like talking about myself, nor having photos taken of myself (so this list is hard!).


*I test ideas for centers on my 6 year old to see if they're "doable" and on my 11 year old to see if they're "lame."

*I never teach the same unit twice.  I often use some of the same ideas, but for some silly reason, I always seem to rewrite them every year!

*I can spend hours on the computer reading different teacher blogs and Pinterest, but alas, our satellite internet does limit our usage!

*My favorite books are by Janet Evanovitch - Stephanie Plum series.

*I actually asked my mom for office supplies (cardstock, page protectors, printer cartridges, etc.) for Christmas!  I actually WANT them and not much else.  Weird, I know! :)

Okay, so the second part is answering the questions Bri sent, so here goes....

1. If you could chose one famous person to meet, who would it be and why?

Hmm...hard one.  I had to think about this one for a bit.  Maybe Janet Evanovitch, just to get ideas on how to become a writer (and finding the time to do it in between teaching!).  Or, someone more fun would be Adam Levine, because he seems down to earth and fun to talk to on The Voice.  That, and I LOVE Maroon 5!

2. What is your favorite smell?

hands down, baking bread.  Nothing better in the world :)

3. Other than your computer, what do you hear right now?

Movie on TV that my kids are watching...."How To Train Your Dragon"

4. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy?

Oh my...I would probably pay off all our bills first....then go out and buy something fun!  I'm sure my husband would have a few suggestions :)

5. What is the top item on your Christmas list?

sad but true....printer cartridges.  Oh, and either an iPod Touch or Kindle or Nook for my use and classroom :)
6. What do you do most when you are bored?

Look at Pinterest or watch TV....I can be a real couch potato!

7. When you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?

author and dog breeder and lawyer (for a short time)

8. Do you have pets?

yes - two dogs, one fish, two cats 

9. When was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?

when my friend and I were goofing around and trying to "relocate" political signs (shh!).  I couldn't do it, but when we got home and confessed what we did, I laughed so hard, I nearly peed my pants! :)

10. What is your favorite children's book?

Bad Kitty books by Nick Bruel and Pigeon books by Mo Willems (tie!)

11. If you could compete in any Olympic sport, what would it be?

I would love to be a runner.  I have tried, but can never get my breathing right, then start to hyperventilate...and well, you can guess the rest!

From "Dots of Fun":
1. What occupation did you want to have growing up?
*author or dog breeder or lawyer
2. Who inspires you?
*all of the different blogs that I read!!!!!
3. Where would you want your dream vacation home to be?
*North Carolina, along the Brunswick Beaches :)
4. If you were a famous singer, what kind of music would you sing?
*country or rock n roll :)
5. Are you a morning person or a night owl?
*night owl
6. Left handed or right handed?
*right
7. Coke or Pepsi?
*diet coke!!! (or diet dr. pepper)
8. What is one of your favorite shows on TV?
*The Voice and Hot in Cleveland
9. What "sweet" food can you NOT resist?
*chocolate!
10. What is your middle name?
*Elizabeth
11. Why did you start blogging?
*I was inspired by other teachers sharing and though I had something to share as well :)  I've always thought that if I spent hours doing something, why should you spend all your time doing the same?  We all learn how to share in Kindergarten, right? :)
Okay, so here are my 11 questions:

1.  Do you go out on Black Friday?
2.  Which do you prefer - Black Friday or Cyber Monday?
3.  What is your favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
4.  What is your favorite holiday to celebrate in your classroom?  What do you do?
5.  What is your favorite unit to teach?
6.  Why did you decide to start a blog?
7.  How do you use social media in your classroom?
8.  What is your favorite book to use in your classroom?
9.  What is your favorite book for your own personal pleasure?
10.  What has been the most informative thing you have learned since blogging?
11.   How do you celebrate New Year's Eve?

Okay, so now, I have to nominate 11 Other Blogs:
1.  Enriching Kinders
2.  Inspired in Second
3.  Reading and Writing Redhead
4.  The Quirky Apple
5.  Whoooo's In Second
6.  The Happy Teacher
7.  Ms. Smarty Pants
8.  Today in Second Grade
9.  Teach Play Smile
10. Sweet Life of Second Grade
11. Sweet Seconds

*I know not all these blogs are under 200 followers, but I feel they're all worthy of the award! :)  Please be sure to check them out!

Okay...for the FREEBIE#7....I am revisiting some of my old centers, and since we're beginning to explore even/odd numbers, here is one of my favorites!  This is a Johnny Appleseed themed-game with apples to program (you can print multiple copies of the sheet)....get it from Drive {here}.  Enjoy!

1 comments:

Ms. Nicole said...

Hi! Thanks for the nomination and for stopping by!!!
Nicole
Today, in Second Grade

Post a Comment