Friday, November 23, 2012

Synonyms and Antonyms Plus a FREEBIE!


So, FREEBIE #6 comes from a new collection of synonym and antonym centers with a December theme.  I usually create these centers so that they are introduced in class, practiced in reading groups, and then placed in a literacy center.  I'm excited about the cute moose and reindeer clipart that came from my favorite website, Scrapping Goodies!  If you've never visited, they are a reseller of clipart and you can often find very cute themes for a great deal, including licensed superheroes!

My class is restless by nature and often learn best by movement.  Since "same" and "opposite" are familiar concepts, the first game is a "match up."  Print the cards on sturdy paper, such as cardstock, and laminate for durability.  Then, hand out the cards (there are 12 matches...a total of 24 cards).  Students must then find their match, depending on whether you use the antonym cards or synonym cards.  Other suggested activities are included as well.


The next game I created was with one of my favorite clipart, "Moosey Occasions."  I used just two of the moose for New Year's and Christmas.  There is also one for Valentine's Day, birthdays, and St. Patrick's Day.  Very cute. :)  In this game, students match up the synonyms on the cards (to make it easier for struggling learners, they match one of the New Year's moose to the Christmas moose).  There is a recording sheet at the end of the packet to assess student understanding.



I listed both of these at my stores, but for the #6 freebie out of 10, you can click {here} for "Moos-ing Around With Synonyms."  Please let me know what you think!  By #10, do you think I'll have reached 100???  That would be awesome, but I am so thankful for the 98 that are already following me!  Thank you so much for sticking with me through this year, for all your support and comments.  It really means a lot! :)

Oh!  Don't forget about the cyber sales coming up on Teacher's Notebook and TpT!  You can really stock up and save!  Be sure to check out the linky on Charlotte's Clips blog!  There is a list of shops participating, as well as freebies! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just nominated you for the Liebster Award over at my Clip Art Blog!! YAY!!
http://dotsoffun.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog-award.html

Tammy
1...2...3...Teach With Me
”Dots” of Fun!

Rae said...

I found your blog on your nomination for the Liebster Award -- congrats :)

I am happy to say I am your newest follower :)

Bex said...

I also love the voice ! And I'd totally love it if I got cardstock for Christmas?

Goo said...

Cute stuff! Can't wait to use it!

Post a Comment