Saturday, November 24, 2012

Pirate Tweets and Freebie#8

At least, I think it's number 8 :)  If I'm off, please let me know! :)  

I have some lego-lovin', piratey super hero star wars fans in my classroom this year, so I'm sure you've noticed a theme in some of the centers and games I've been making!!!

Today is no exception, except I decided to do something my girls would like as well.  I present to you my "Pirate Tweets."  Figure they're cute enough for the girls, but the boys will like the theme!
My class is filled with students who, um, let's just say need to be active!  That also includes writing.  I created "Grammar Adventures" for my class last year, and we had a lot of fun solving grammar mysteries.  This year, though, my students are a little "needier" and I haven't been able to use those adventures as much.   I'm so excited we're getting to the point where the students can start doing more things independently!  

So, they are going on a treasure hunt and finding correct verb tenses!  I've also included a sort with these cute pirates that students can do for reinforcement.  The whole packet is on sale at my teacher stores (and ON sale!!!), but you can pick up the verb sort {here} as a thank you for being my loyal followers! 

2 comments:

Angela Nerby said...

Thanks for stopping by and following my blog! I'm now following you! :) I hear ya on the Lego/pirate/Star Wars fanatics... every year it seems like their numbers grow and grow LOL. Checking out your store and loading up my cart for tomorrow!!
Angela :)
Hippo Hooray for Second Grade!

Mrs. Youel said...

Thanks Angela! Woo hoo! Number 99

:) Chrissy

Post a Comment