Sunday, April 8, 2012

I've Been Tagged!

Melly over at Stapler's Strategies tagged me! Here are the rules:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the 10 questions for the tagger who posted for you.
3. Create 10 questions of your own to ask the people you're tagging.
4. Tag 10 people and link the with your post. Don't forget to let them know they've been tagged!

So, here are Melly's questions (my answers are in blue):
1. How many grades have you taught during your career?
I started teaching 8th grade exploratory/6th grade writing, then 3rd, 4th, and now 2nd....so 5? :)
2. Are you where you'd like to stay until retirement?
I moved to another school (same district) and I LOVE it! I earned my certification in library media several years ago, but I'm still in the classroom (for now). So....I'll either be in the classroom or in a library when I retire! :)
3. What do you think about the new Common Core Curriculum?
Virginia hasn't adopted this, but we do have SOLs (Standards of Learning) that all public schools follow in the state. There are statewide tests in 3rd, 4th, 5th, and beyond to assess learning.
4. How many students do you have in your class this year?
Currently, I have 18 (wonderful number!), but I also had some students move recently...I was up to 20 (last year, I was up to 23 at one point).
5. Has the number of students grown in the past couple of years?
Last year, we had 4 teachers in our grade level, this year we have 5...so yes, the student population is growing (especially the boys!).
6. What is your favorite lesson/subject to teach?
I LOVE History, but I'd say Math is a close second, along with Reading
7. What is your favorite classroom management strategy?
We do a ticket system in our classroom (I've done this for many years) that works REALLY well with students...I'm so excited that last year, my new team adopted a grade-level ticket system! Students earn tickets for good behavior/good work habits, but can also lose them as well. They have to earn 100 tickets each quarter to go to the 2nd grade party. :) (Other years, I'd have stores, or they'd earn prizes, etc.)
8. How many teachers at your grade level in your school?
This year, 5
9. How many students in the school where you teach?
Around 650-700
10. Do you teach in a public or private school?

public

Okay, so here are my 10 questions for those that I tagged:
1. What are you most proud of in your classroom?
2. What is your favorite unit to teach (any subject)?
3. What inspired you to begin teacher blogging?
4. Teacher's Notebook or Teachers Pay Teachers?
5. What is the best field trip you've ever been on?
6. What inspired you to become a teacher?
7. What are you doing/did you do on your Spring Break?
8. What is your favorite book to use in the classroom?
9. Do you have a classroom pet? If so, what?
10. What frustrates you most about teaching?

I'm tagging:
Enriching Kinders
2nd Grade Rocks!
Mrs. T's First Grade Class
2nd Grade Pig Pen
Sweet Seconds
Forever in First
Adventures of a Student Teacher
The Second Grade Superkids
Inspired in Second
Wild About Second Grade

Okay, tag! You're it! :)


3 comments:

EnRiching Kinders said...

Thanks for the Tag! Check out my blog to see my answers.

Valerie
enrichingkinders.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for tagging me! I'm working on answerting the questions now. :)

Latricia
Wild About Second Grade

travel teach and love said...

Thanks for the tag! Since I was away on vacation for spring break, I didn't get a chance to answer your questions - so sorry. I hope next time tag comes along I'll be able to play!
Happy weekend,
Amanda {avphilli@gmail.com}
Inspired in Second

Post a Comment