Saturday, April 28, 2012

Firetrucks, the FBI, and Nurses - OH MY!

We had our first annual Career Day on Friday.  What a great time!  Our wonderful counselor put it together (our school has only been open for 2 years, so we're still going through "firsts").  Each grade level had 6 "careers" they rotated through.  I was lucky enough to have the FBI/police detective in my room :), but we also saw a landscaper, technical writer, firefighter, miner, and nurse.  My children (fifth and kindergarten) got to see other jobs:  chemist, professional athlete, doctor, graphic artist, etc. 


It was rave reviews all around!  PK-2 had their time from 9-11 and 3-5 had their time from 12-2.  I honestly had never heard of a technical writer before!  (She writes directions, etc.).  It was funny when she told my students that she HAS to leave out descriptive words, etc.  I mean, isn't that what we always emphasize with students?  Instead, she has to use plain, simple English everyone will understand.  I was a little jealous when she said she went to work in her pajamas every day! (Think my principal wouldn't approve, although it would be comfy!). 


So, wanted to share some photos of our 2nd grade experience below!









0 comments:

Post a Comment