Sunday, October 7, 2012

It Was a Math Kinda Weekend....

Yes, it was.  I spent most of Saturday working on my Geometry unit.  Investigations just isn't cutting it for my little learners right now, so I backtracked, evaluated (gave a pretest even tho we had started the unit), split my kids into groups according to what they knew.....and Monday starts the "new and improved" unit!  Ten days of learning about cubes, spheres, rectangular prisms, vertices, angles, faces, and edges.  Whew!  It's going to be good though.  I have LOTS of games, including a SCOOT, I Have/Who Has, Bingo, assessment checklists, activity sheets....47 pages worth!  I was so excited to put it up on TpT today and bam....wouldn't take my images :(  So I thought I'd post them here!


Then, the rest of the time, I was working on my read aloud for the week - it's a double-whammy.  We're doing Lemonade for Sale from Harcourt, so I thought I'd throw some money/economics books in there.  I have at least 2 activities for each book, including comprehension and money sense.  You can also pick this up at my store, (and again the darn images wouldn't upload!!!).  Not sure if its the Internet connection or what.

Well, hope you enjoy and check it out!  MY natives are restless (we don't have internet at the house and I'm currently sitting in a hotel lobby near my husband's work to use their wifi!!!) and I fear that we're going to get eyeballed here in a moment!  Ah, the joys of parenting! Enjoy the rest of your weekend! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment