Thursday, September 13, 2012

New SCOOT games!

I'll admit it - I am addicted to SCOOT games!  It's such a great review for students and ACTIVE!  With the whole "getting up and down" it helps my students (especially some of my boys) release that extra energy they have and be able to concentrate on what they're doing.

Don't get me wrong...I have done "Concentric Circles" and "Four Corners" before....those are also fun and great for student listening skills, as well as review.  However, once I learned about Scoot, I started making review games for almost every subject!  Check out my store...there's some for math, science, history, and even English!  

So, my two latest additions to the family?  Matter and Magnets.  If you're a VA teacher like me, that would be SOLs 2.2 and 2.3.  

I have to admit...I haven't used it much this year.  The majority of my kids are below grade level in reading.  I'm hoping that we'll be able to use it as review for the end of the year (and to avoid me making a bunch of them at the end, trying to make them while my mind is fresh!).  

Is it just me, or is the year already moving so fast?  We just sent home interims for the first nine week yesterday!  Yikes!

So, the two new Scoots are downloaded to Teachers Pay Teachers and Teacher's Notebook.  Be sure to check them out! :)

If you've never heard of Scoot, here's a link to Sunny Days in Second Grade.  She explains it really well (as well as a freebie for a turkey game! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment