Thursday, July 26, 2012

Go Fish for Words

Okay, I must confess....I've been working in my classroom now for 2 weeks.  You know how people make "New Year's Resolutions"?  Well, I do the same, except mine always start in August. :)  This year, I'm bound and determined to be more organized!  I don't know whether it's from Pinterest or reading all the teacher blogs this summer, but I have put more pressure on myself to get my classroom together and having it look inviting!


I must admit, I did even think about the themes or the "3 colors"....but I can't do it.  Number one, it's almost too "crafty" for my personality, but I am all about bright inviting colors to wash out the gray cinderblocks....so for now, I'm pretty happy with what I have!  I'll be sure to publish photos later!  Right now, I don't think I could get a good shot with all the stuff piled on the desks...hah hah!


Well, going through my things and trying to filter in my old reading centers with the literacy centers I began last year, I felt proud of myself - I had some good ideas!  However, they looked junky need to be modernized (some cards had actually been typed on a typewriter - yep, I feel old!).  Here is the first of my endeavors:  Go Fish for Words.  I had previously used word cards, but I liked the idea of adding digraphs so the students could use those to help spell words!  Also, adding extra vowels was a plus!  You'll have to check it out! I have it uploaded to both my Teachers Pay Teachers and Teacher Notebook stores. (TpT may not be available yet....it's having some "technical difficulties").

0 comments:

Post a Comment