Saturday, May 19, 2012

It's That Time of Year Again!

I think we have 10 days left.  Frankly, I don't count.  The kids do.  My assistant does.  However, if I began to count, the panic would set in on EVERYTHING I have left to do, and not enough time to do it in!  I mean, I need at LEAST a day to clean off my desk and we get a day and a half at the end of the year for workday/checkout.  AUGH!  Speaking of which, I have NO CLUE where my "end of the year" checklist is....probably on aforementioned desk!


But, that's the not point of this post. No, I have spend most of today working on review games for my students.  I need something to hold their interest and be fun and make me feel like yes, they DID learn something this year! :) 


So, I thought I'd share what I've done.  Hopefully someone else can use it as well....granted, these are based on Virginia standards, but after reading an article, I found that Common Core and Virginia are pretty well aligned (shhh....VA is trying to take credit that they helped inspire CC according to one of the articles, but I'm not so sure about that!).  


Okay, for Science, yes, I did a SCOOT!  I actually have been thinking of taking the cards though and using it for a game show type review, but I might just stick with SCOOT on this one. 



For History, I created review cards (whew!  56 of them!) where we're going to do a scavenger hunt type thing and kids will be running around the room, searching, and waving cards, shouting answers to me, wanting a sticker on their chart.  Sound hectic?  :)  Actually, I sit there happily on my reading table, taking it all in because they are so HAPPY to be reviewing and learning!  In the chaos, there IS a sense of peace!  Ha!



And, since this is something we did this week that my kids surprisingly loved (I mean, how can you jazz up dictionary skills?) I'll share with you our "Dictionary Detectives."  The kids had a GREAT time looking up unfamiliar words, as well as familiar ones they had no clue had other definitions!  Then, they went crazy and just started looking up words!  Can't ask for a better moment than that! 


Click on any of these images to see them closer on Teacher's Notebook.  They're also on TpT as well, but ahem, I priced one a little cheaper on TN and I'm thinking of throwing a sale REAL soon to celebrate the end of the year.  I will DEFINITELY let you know! (I'm just trying to load some more items on there first!).


Have a great week! :)

1 comments:

Lori said...

I agree that the end of the year can be overwhelming with everything we have to do! But we always some how manage to get it all done. :)
Lori
Conversations in Literacy

Post a Comment