Saturday, May 26, 2012

Getting a Little Wet and a Sale!

Okay, feeling like my last post was a bit of a downer...thanks to those of you who commented!  Wanted to announce that I'm having a sale over at my Teacher's Notebook store!  50% off all items in celebration of 6 1/2 days left of the school year!  

While I'll miss most of my kiddos, I'm ready for a little break.  I don't know about you, but I spend at least one weekend day each week back at school, planning for the next week.  I cannot work at home, so it's a nice quiet atmosphere where I can focus and take advantage of high speed Internet! :)

So, it'll be nice to relax and be a stay-at-home Mom....well, until the bug hits again in July, and I'm back, setting up my room!  Fortunately, my kids are VERY understanding and actually enjoy going back with me and playing!

We have 4 days this week, then 2 1/2 the following week (but one day is Field Day), so I decided I'd do a bit of an Ocean theme.  I have a 30 day trial at Netflix I'm taking advantage of, so we're going to watch the "Coral Reef" IMAX and the "Dolphin" IMAX.  Then, we're creating Anchor Charts on each topic and creating murals! 

 

We still have two end of the year tests to go, so we're reviewing for Math.  On Friday, I had my kids use the scraps we've collected this year with construction paper to create "Fraction Monsters."  On Monday, we'll look at colors and shapes and create fractional problems for each one.  At this point, not sure what we're doing the rest of the week to review (Scoot?  Games?  More craft projects?), but it's something that will have to keep the kids engaged!  Their attention is GONE, so I'm trying to make everything seem more like a game or project.  

To go along with the ocean theme during Reading, I found some GREAT resources on TpT and TN to use, as well as creating some of my own.  So far, I created a word search from Worksheet Genius using ocean-themed words.  My kids are CRAZY for word searches, so that will keep them busy while I'm testing small groups for reading.  Also, I created an ABC order using an ocean theme.  It's available at the stores for $1.00 (psst....on TN, it's only 50 cents!).  Click on the image to check it out!


Here is also a FANTASTIC find!  Deana over at Primary Punch created these centers and is offering them FREE at TpT.  Click on the picture for the link, then head over to her blog to check her out!   
 Well, back to work...I've already had my husband calling, asking when I was coming home.  (He thinks the end of the year includes packing up and testing...what do I have left to plan, he asks?).  Sigh. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment