Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Sugar and Spice...Women in History

Ok, I know, it's not March.  However, one of the things I really wanted to do this year was Women's History Month.  I mean, we do so much with African American History Month, it seems like we're worn out by the time we get to March!  Our March this year was super busy - Dr. Seuss, Iditarod, a Guidance lesson, and something else (I can't remember - but it was jam packed!)....so it took me awhile but I was finally able to finish and now share my activity for Women's History Month.  (I'm such a dork, I already have a calendar printed out for next year detailing all the events I want to do each month so I won't miss out again!  That and take the time to make things this summer so I have to use them!!!  No excuses!!!).

Since my "Discover the Room" for Black History Month was so popular with my kiddos, I decided to do a similar activity with Women's History Month.  Using one of my favorite clip art artists, Educlips, I focused on some of the women she created in a bundle, which really gave a universal appeal!

So, in March, I'll be selecting some of these women to read about, having a display of their biographies, as well as other ladies, and having the students learn more about some of these courageous women!






If you'd like to check out more, click {here} to take you to the packet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment