Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Time and Money Review

If there's one thing Math Investigations does NOT cover well, it's time and money.  Last year, I did a whole separate unit on those two subjects, because I was worried about waiting until the end of the year to combine it with Unit 9 Measurement. 

Well, with our snow days this year (we're out again on Wednesday), I'm worried that we may not even have time for that!  So, I created two centers that dealt with time and money. 

I have a mix of students in my class, from students with special needs, ESL students, students who are on grade level, and advanced students.  Everything I make, I try to create a variety so that a student isn't frustrated nor bored.

So, today, I decided to create "clip cards" after seeing something similar on Pinterest that was definitely higher than 2nd grade!  If I'm not too busy copying and laminating everything tomorrow :) I might create one for sentences and punctuation!  (Also, I have "homophones" on the to do list since some of my students still think these are rhyming words!).

I thought they turned out pretty well.  I mean, I have to do something to support my clip art habit, right? ;)

Click on the pics below to take you to Teachers Pay Teachers or if you're a Teachers Notebook kinda person, click {here} for Time and {here} for Money.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Time-Clips-Time-to-the-Hour-Half-Hour-and-Quarter-Hour-1072749
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Coin-Clips-Counting-Money-1072743






1 comments:

neurocompusys S said...

We Hold our Tutors to a Higher Standard, and Pay our Tutors More Fairly, than nearly any other Tutoring Company.Thus, we have Better (and more Experienced) Tutors.We accept only the top tutor applicants, and will never compromise our selectivity in order to artificially inflate our ranks. In addition, every member of the Team is required to have recently scored in the 95th percentile or above on any standardized test that he/she teaches.Math Tutor Austin, Math Tutor Atlanta, Math Tutor Houston, Math Tutor Seattle.
Science Tutor Las Vegas | Math Tutor Hawaii | Math Tutor Las Vegas | Tutor for kids Las Vegas | Math Tutor Charlotte | Math Tutor Phoenix | Math Tutor Los Angeles | Math Tutor Boston | Math Tutor New York | Math Tutor Denver | Math Tutor Chicago |

Post a Comment