Saturday, July 20, 2013

Flash Freebie, Celebrations, and a Sale!

Sooo excited to be part of Tales of Frogs and Cupcakes Facebook Celebration!  Please be sure to hop on over (no pun intended) to check out her freebies each day! Woo hoo!  My day is Sunday, so check out my flash freebie that day from 10-1 CST.
 Inline image 1

I'll let you in on a little secret - since I am in VA on EST (and it's a church day), my "flash freebie" will be available from 10am EST (or as close to it as possible) till probably about 2-3pm that day!  

In addition, I'm throwing a 25% sale off my entire store Sunday and Monday!  Be sure to check it out!

On another note....

So, I've been in my classroom a couple times, in between meetings and such, and have been working hard.  I envy the pictures I see of other classrooms where they have bulletin boards started and things hung on the wall.  Nope, not me.  No *sigh* every year I go in during the summer to ORGANIZE.  (I'll get to the hanging and such later on).

I've come to the realization that by the end of the school year, I am dog tired!  I cannot for the life of me even attempt to organize at that time of the year, other than to hope my counter holds all my stuff that doesn't fit in the cubbies and cabinets!

I don't know why every year I have to organize - again.  Well, yes, I add more things during the year and over the summer, but that can't be the only reason.  Anyhow, today I found myself working on my math/science cabinet and math manipulatives.  Somehow, by changing containers and regrouping things, I actually had some extra space!  Wow - it makes me wonder if I have something hiding somewhere that's supposed to be in that space.  Why can't this ever happen at my house????

I also had to come to terms with a few things.   For example, years ago, my mom gave me her collection of buttons she had inherited from a neighbor.  I decided to use these as counters.  Well, I have to admit - other than 1 student in the past couple years, no one has used these.  We've moved on to hundreds chart, number lines, etc.  I have other items that I can use for 1-to-1 correspondence.  

So, thankfully, that's when a brainstorm hit.  I didn't want to get rid of the buttons and they don't take up a TON of space.  Why not use them for identifying attributes?  One of the concepts my students always have difficulty with is identifying faces, vertices, edges, etc during the Geometry unit.  Why not give them extra practice identifying attributes with the thousands of buttons that I already have?  Throw them into a BUILD center for practice the first month of school, and most likely, beyond that?  

So, tonight, feeling all "gung ho," I created this:


I have it at my TPT store (there's something wrong with Teacher's Notebook tonight, but it's on my list to add it there, too) for $1.00 (teachers will have to provide their own buttons!).

But for you, dear reader, since you've made it this far, if you comment with your email by Sunday evening, I'll send it to you for FREE!  My only request is that if you like what you see, please consider following me at my store!  I am soooo close to 100 followers and would love to be able to throw a "celebration" of my own! :)    


5 comments:

Debbie said...

How cute! I'd love a copy of your button sort. Whitakertd@yahoo.com

Cindy L said...

I love the buttons and would love a copy of this.

Cindy
cl14mentor@oh.rr.com

love2teach2nd said...

I have a bucket of buttons that would be perfect for this activity! I would love a copy! Thanks! pmcgee@camphillsd.k12.pa.us

Mrs. Youel said...

Thanks Debbie, Cindy, and love2teach2nd! It's on its way :) Don't forget to stop by my store today for the sale, as well as for the FLASH FREEBIE in conjunction to Tales of Frogs and Cupcakes Facebook Celebration! :)

Janaye said...

Just wanted to stop by to say THANKS SOOOOO MUCH for helping with my giveaway today!!! Love the freebie!! I hope you got some new followers and some great feedback. And since I am here, I would love your cute little button freebie! Thanks! :)

Janaye
Tales of Frogs and Cupcakes
froggycupcakes@gmail.com

Post a Comment