Sunday, December 30, 2012

Finally! Something to Cross Off My To-Do List!

I hate having to go backwards to go forwards, but I guess that's what happens when you have to finish your projects before starting new ones, right?  So, unfinished projects:  Elf Economics unit (which honestly can be adapted to regular Economics unit...watch next year we teach it in the spring - Easter Bunny as producer???), Famous Americans, and Math (Unit 4 Investigations) Graph Unit.

I polished them up, PDF'ed them, zipped up and (tried) to create pictures.  Unfortunately I can't do those wonderful unit pictures in Powerpoint I see a lot of teachers doing that shows you a little of everything for the unit.  No, I fight the old fashioned way and do the "save as" a jpg file.  Of course, I found out Word does not like that.  So much for my shortcut!  The pictures I did come up with, TpT said were too large, so unfortunately it's a dorky picture for the unit.  Teacher's Notebook came out a lot better. :)

So, without further ado....I've talked about the Elf Economics enough, so click on the picture for TpT or {here} for Teacher's Notebook.

Next up is the Famous American unit!  I always have fun with this one.  This year, I decided to throw in a bit of review for my students (especially after they had no idea who Pocahontas was for our Native American unit!) from Kindergarten and first standards.  We covered Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Helen Keller, Susan B. Anthony, Jackie Robinson, and Martin Luther King, Jr.  Reviews included George Washington Carver, Eleanor Roosevelt, Pocahontas, Powhatan, Benjamin Franklin, Betsy Ross, Independence Day, President's Day, and Martin Luther King, Jr. day.  Whew!

See my earlier posts on Famous Americans to see all of the activities it includes (paper bag books, I Have/Who Has, Crayon Box that Talks, Famous American project, etc.).

Click on the pic for TpT and {here} for Teacher's Notebook.

Last, but not least, it's my Math Graphing Unit, roughly based off of Investigations Unit 4 (I use a lot of the same ideas, but had to create an easier version for my students.  They do better when things are broken down further.  Yes, I know.).  Click on the pic for TpT and {here} for Teacher's Notebook.
Whew!  Okay, think I can start planning on January now? :)  I know I'll appreciate making sure everything is together next year or when we review at the end of the year!

0 comments:

Post a Comment