Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tagged Again :)

Jenny over at Luckeyfrog's Lilypad tagged me, so here I go again! (Can you tell its Spring Break? Of course, crazy ol' me is going into school tomorrow to get ready for next week and possibly clean my room....hah hah, kidding on that last one! Even when I try to clean/organize my room, it somehow doesn't last long!).

1. Did you take lessons in anything as a kid?
piano lessons...it taught me to read music, which helped being in the handbell choir at church!

2. What is the one book you would recommend to a new teacher?
Strategies that Work! (the first edition that's red...I'm not a big fan of the newest edition) That was a GREAT way to not only understand about the different reading strategies, but had some great examples! It was one of the few books I actually read cover to cover that was handed to me for a "professional library" (oops...did I just confess that?).

3. Who is your very favorite children's book author or illustrator?
Mo Willems.....you can do almost anything with his pigeon books, no matter the age...teach a strategy, characterization, etc. My favorite author to read aloud is Bill Wallace and his "talking animals" books...they are TOO FUNNY!

4. If you could only listen to one musical artist/group for the rest of your life, who would it be?
Rascal Flatts.....or would it be Maroon 5....or The Frey....hmmm.....have to think on that one!

5. What is your favorite dessert?
lately, anything with strawberries and chocolate!

6. What is your biggest strength as a teacher?
being adaptable....able to change the lesson when the kids give you the "deer in the headlights" look....I have learned to take a moment, recollect my thoughts, and come back to it in another way...that and teach with a sense of humor

7. What is your favorite piece of clothing?
pajama pants! wish we had pj day more often at school!!!!

8. What is the last thing you bought?
besides food? hmmm.....new tennis shoes/walking shoes...mine were downright embarrassing and falling apart!

9. If someone gave you $500 for your classroom right now, what would you buy?
oh my....cardstock, organizational things (such as drawers...I sadly have no closet in my room so I'm trying to make it look nice with decent containers/drawers to put my centers, etc. in )....and think that would take all my money! LOL....maybe take the rest and put it on a gift card for Dollar Tree (fave store!)

10. What is your favorite vacation spot?
Years ago, my family used to go to Sunset Island in NC. Would LOVE to take my family there! Quiet, family-oriented beach and only 30 min from the craziness of Myrtle Beach and close to Wilmington :)

*Since I've already tagged 10 people, I'll skip that part for right now :)

1 comments:

luckeyfrog said...

I completely agree with you that adaptability is SO important for a teacher! Things are constantly changing and you have to roll with the punches!

Thanks for playing along!

Jenny
Luckeyfrog's Lilypad

Post a Comment